Anxiety Counseling Orlando
Anxiety Counseling Orlando is very beneficial. Anxiety can be managed and learning the tools to do so can have lasting positive effects. Anxiety Counseling is effective and is done by simply changing the way you see the world. Is Anxiety Controlling your life?
Anxiety is a natural emotion and response that we all experience. It becomes a problem when it interferes with our day to day functioning. For people with anxiety disorders, worry and fear are constant and overwhelming, and can be crippling leading to negative and destructive patterns of thinking and behaviors.
Symptoms of Anxiety Disorder Orlando
- problems with sleeping
- shortness of breath
- the inability to remain calm and still
- tense muscles
- thoughts of recurring traumatic experiences or flashbacks
- feelings of panic, unrest, or impending doom
Benefits of Anxiety Counseling Orlando
A natural response but not a state of being
It’s important to be able to feel comfortable when working with a therapist and learn to develop effective ways to challenge these irrational thought patterns that are crippling your ability to function in day to day life. Anxiety is a natural mood but can turn into a mental disorder when it becomes an excessive, irrational worry or fear about day to day things that most of the time would not lead to anxiety provoking thoughts.
When anxiety occurs it feels uncontrollable and is perceived as unrealistic. Fear is usually the underlying emotion associated with anxiety. All people experience anxiety and on a healthy level it can propel an individual to motivate them. Anxiety lasting longer than normal becomes a real problem. Treatment by a psychiatrist in conjunction with a licensed mental health counselor is important to seek out in order to gain the coping skills and insight into reducing anxiety.
Seek Help Today For Anxiety Counseling Orlando
Are you experiencing any of the following?
- Are you experiencing feelings of dread, panic attacks, shortness of breath, thoughts that you realize are not rational but at the time the anxiety seems real and uncontrollable?
- Has your sleeping pattern changed and you find you cannot slow your mind down from racing thoughts?
- Do you find yourself avoiding situations you once faced with little to no anxiety before?
These are just a few questions to ask yourself if you feel you may be suffering from anxiety. Anxiety Counseling Orlando, FL for anxiety offers help which is around the corner. You’re not alone and can regain control of our life without the overwhelming feelings of anxiety.
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) successfully treats anxiety disorders. It has shown time and again to be effective in treating panic disorders, phobias, social anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder.
Cognitive behavioral therapy directly focuses on the negative patterns and irrational distortion related the way we view the world and the context of ourselves.
- Cognitive therapy – Seeks to examine negative thoughts and cognition’s that directly contribute to anxiety.
- Behavior therapy – Seeks to examine how a person behaves and reacts in situations that trigger the onset of anxiety.
The overall premise of cognitive behavioral therapy is that thoughts—not the external events—affect the way we are feeling. It is not the situation you’re in that is determining how you feel, but rather it is your perception of the situation at hand.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Anxiety and Depression Association of America
Freedom From Fear
National Institute of Mental Health
National Association of Social Workers